2nd INTERNATIONAL PRINTMAKING TRIENNIAL
THE ASSOCIATION OF FINE ARTISTS OF SERBIA (ULUS) is the organizer of the 2nd International Printmaking Triennial (further in text Triennial) to be held in the Art Pavilion Cvijeta Zuzoric, during September 2014.
• The competition is open to all professional artists, local and international, as well as graduate art students.
• All works submitted must be original graphic works on paper not exceeding 80 x 100cm. Photocopies, monotypes or photographs will not be accepted. Each author can enter the competition with a digital picture of one print, completed in the past three years.
• A participation fee of 45 EUR will be payed only by artists whose works have been selected for the Triennial Exhibition. The author is obliged to specify that all transaction fees will be covered on his/her part.
• The organizer encourages artists to donate one print for the Triennial Collection, by marking the appropriate field on the Application Form.
TIME AND VENUE
Art Pavilion Cvijeta Zuzoric, Mali Kalemegdan 1, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
ULUS Art Gallery,Knez Mihailova Street, Belgrade
Graphic Collective Gallery, Obilicev Venac Street, Belgrade
Centre for Graphic Arts and Visual Researches, Pariska Street, Belgrade
APPLICATIONS & DEADLINES
There are two stages of the competition:
1. Electronic submissions by 25 December 2013
2. Selected artists will be notified of the deadline for artwork submissions.
Artists are invited to submit a fully filled Application Form, alongside with a CV and digital picture of the print to firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than 25 December 2013.
Instructions for electronic submissions:
Size 1000 x 1000pix, resolution 100dpi, jpeg format, quality 10, placed on a black background in the correct orientation. In the lower right corner should be written Author’s Full Name, Artwork Title, Techniques, Dimensions and Year. The file should be named the following way: Author’s first and lastname (e.g. John Smith.јpg)
The organizer will confirm application receipt via return e-mail.
The artworks for the Triennial Exhibition will be selected by an International Jury. The Organizer reserves the right to exclude works that do not coincide with the provided photos or do not meet professional standards.
All prints must be marked as PRINTED MATTER – NO COMMERCIAL VALUE.
application form 2nd INTERNATIONAL PRINTMAKING TRIENNIAL
There will be THREE EQUAL TRIENNIAL AWARDS
(Exhibition at the ULUS Art Gallery, during the next Triennial and a special presentation in the Triennial Catalogue)
GRAPHIC COLLECTIVE AWARD (Exhibition at the Graphic Collective Gallery during the next Triennial)
CENTRE FOR GRAPHIC ARTS AND VISUAL RESEARCHES AWARD (Exhibition at the Centre for Graphic Arts and Visual Researches during the next Triennial)
There will be additional prizes by sponsors and other awards.
The Organizing Committee will organize special accompanying events such as exhibitions of artists awarded at the 1st Triennial, presentations of eminent institutions and printmakers, public discussions.
The Organizer will publish a full colour, bilingual catalogue in English and Serbian. Each artist exhibiting will receive a catalogue free of charge. All participating artists agree to their artworks being photographed free of charge as well as reproduced for promotional purposes.
The organizer accepts full responsibility for the artwork for the duration of the exhibition. The organizer does not accept responsibility for any damage occured during transport.
It is strongly recommended to use appropriate packing materials, such as strong cardboard packaging. The Organizer will endeavour to return the works in their original packaging.
Triennial Organizing Committee Members:
Biljana Vukovic – Artist
Suzana Vuckovic– Artist
Maja Djurovic– Artist
Vladimir Milanovic– Artist
Alan Beciri– Artist